Can you believe that we are in November already? This year has flown by. With the holiday season coming up, I wanted to share some tips on how to stay fit during the holiday seasons.
- Add a extra day or two a week on top of your normal workout routine. We all have busy schedules, especially over the holiday season, but remember to keep yourself as a priority. Try and get in any extra days that you can.
- Make sure you watch your portion sizes. It can be easy to overdue it with all the yummy holiday foods out everywhere!
- Try and control your stress levels. Keeping up with the demands of the holidays can be stressful. To help reduce stress, do exercise, meditation, yoga, and deep breathing.
- Limit your liquid calories. The holidays are a time of year when alcohol, soda, and other sweetened beverages. These beverages can contribute a significant amount of sugar and empty calories to your diet, which can cause weight gain.
- Get plenty of sleep. Sleep deprivation is quite common during the holidays, and it may cause weight gain.
These are just a few of many tips that can help you stay fit during the holidays!