I know a lot of you ladies have started your New Year goals. I am so proud to see you all working hard toward these goals. It’s not easy to get into a healthy lifestyle routine but it can be done. A lot of you ask me what kind of exercises should you be doing at home. I am going to give you 5 different cardio exercises, that you can do at home to help push you to your goals when you aren’t in the gym with us.
- Burpees – Sit into your squat and bring both hands to the floor, firmly plant your entire hand flat. Walk or hop back to a plank position (push-ups are optional), walk or hop back to your feet back to your hands, and then jump vertically, raising your hands overhead. Do 25 burpees.
- Body Weight Squat – Make sure your feet are underneath your shoulders (hops width or slightly wider is good) and toes slightly turned out. Focus on sitting back, while keeping your chest lifted with a tight core. Inhale to lower, exhale to rise. Do 25 squats.
- Jumping Jacks – Stand with your feet together and your hands at your sides. Raise both arms above your head and jump just enough to spread your feet out wide. Without pausing, quickly reverse the movement and repeat. Do 50 jumping jacks.
- Walking Lunges – Stand with your feet hip-width apart and your hands on your hips. Step forward with your right leg slowly lower your body until your right knee is bent at least 90 degrees. Pause, then raise up and bring your back foot forward so that you move forward (like walking) a step with every rep. Alternate the leg you step forward with each time. Do 50 walking lunges. (25 per leg)
- Mountain Climbers – Start in a push-up position with your arms completely straight. Lift your right foot off the floor and slowly raise your knee as close to your chest as you can. Return to the starting position. Repeat with your left leg. That would be one rep. Do 50 mountain climbers.
Try to do 3 rounds of each, and that will give you a good cardio workout and help strengthen the core. Do this anytime you can’t make the gym, or if you’re traveling. I will add new workouts every weeks for the days you can’t make it in. Good luck ladies, you got this!