Believe it or not, it is possible to get a complete workout ensemble for less. You can even find matching or mismatching sets for under $50 if you’re shopping in the right places.
What to consider when choosing pieces:
- Don’t wear clothes that are too tight. Your clothing should always allow full range of motion. Your body needs to be able to move freely, without constrictions in your workout.
- Wear layers when it’s cold out.
- Consider wearing a comfortable sports bra. Normal bras with underwire do not provide adequate or comfortable support. Fun fact: When you run, your breasts can move up to 8 inches if not properly supported! This could potentially lead to stretched ligaments, back pain, discomfort, and sagging.
- Find the right fabric for you. It may seem silly, but many women prefer those that help wick away sweat (this means to draw the moisture away from the body). This keeps your clothes from absorbing.
- Cotton, Spandex, Polyester, and Nylon are among the most popular fabrics.
- Avoid wide-leg or loose pants that could get caught in work out machines or tangled in pedals.
- Remember the Quality vs. Quantity rule of thumb.
- We suggest stopping by the following stores for your best priced, name-brand items.
- TJ Maxx
- Forever 21